NC (NEMA 4X) Series
High-output NC (NEMA 4X) Series germicidal fixtures feature the externally mounted design of the American Ultraviolet DC Series, however, they include weather-resistant NEMA 4X housing that makes them ideal for outdoor HVAC units.
NC (NEMA 4X) Series fixtures are installed on the exterior of rooftop A/C units or ductwork and enable easy access to difficult to reach outdoor locations. They are available in one-lamp and two-lamp configurations and can be installed vertically or horizontally. Only the lamp(s) and input power wiring penetrate the HVAC unit, while ballast and lamp harness remain external (housed inside the NEMA 4X enclosure).
The NC (NEMA 4X) Series
The NC (NEMA 4X) Series fixtures contain American Ultraviolet’s high-output “green” lamps (≤ 8 mg of mercury; 2-year guarantee), and a five year ballast (non-prorated 5-year warranty) in a NEMA 4X housing specifically engineered for rooftop units and other AC systems mounted outdoors. The NC Series delivers the best and longest-lasting UVC performance available. It has been independently tested to deliver greater output (produces 11.7 μW/cm2 per linear inch of lamp arc length at 1 meter) than any other ultraviolet device under HVAC operating conditions (45o F at 400 fpm air velocity), and the increased output of American Ultraviolet lamps provide the most reliable germicidal performance and longest service life.
American Ultraviolet NC (NEMA 4X) Series lamps are high-output (800mA), T5 diameter, and constructed of hard glass tubing for superior UV transmittance. They come in lengths of 14, 16, 24, 33 and 45 inches to meet different size requirements. The lamps produce no ozone and retain, at a minimum, 80% of their initial output after 2 years (17,000 hours). Fixtures are available with four voltage options (115/208/230/277 VAC, 50/60 Hz, single phase).
- Improves Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) by reducing bacteria, viruses, and mold that either grow or pass through the packaged equipment. Reduces the risk of colds, flu, allergies, and other illnesses associated with HVAC systems.
- High-output, “green” lamps contain ≤ 8 mg of mercury
- Two–year (17,000 hours) guarantee on lamps with only a 20% decrease in output over the two years
- Five-year non-prorated warranty on the ballast
- Reduces HVAC energy costs by restoring heat transfer and net cooling capacity
- Continuously cleans coils and drain pans, eliminating costly cleaning programs and the use of harmful chemicals and disinfectants
- Produces no ozone or other secondary contaminants
Quick and easy installation